The State of Delaware engaged Declan Barry to represent them from a trade perspective in Ireland and the United Kingdom. The mission consisted of five companies representing pharmaceutical, digital and scientific sectors, with a high-value nature and very specific customer profiles.
Declan was responsible for all aspects of the mission and selling Ireland as a location for a mission and meet Delaware companies to assess their potential for being successful in the market. A summary of key activities included:
- Presenting a workshop in Delaware to promote Ireland
- Attending several meetings to pitch to and evaluate companies
- Agreeing with company selection and completing initial research and presenting the market opportunity for each.
- Commence outreach and schedule a programme of 6-8 meetings for each company over a 3-day mission period.
- Detailed written overviews for each client, including logistics and travel arrangements where required.
- Thank and agree follow up actions with all Irish companies and Delaware firms they met.
In a very successful first visit to UK & Ireland the delegation arrived and had a schedule comprising of close to 40 qualified appointments, during which two participants identified and signed with distributors, an agreement was made for Dublin City University and the University of Delaware to collaborate with each other and the state received significant reported potential sales from the mission.